COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

OK, Eskimo, I understand - you were doing a "what if". "What if" ST:TOS were alive and well in the movies at the same time a remade series appeared on TV, with the same characters but different actors.

I agree - it would be too confusing and nobody would like it.

But that's not what happened to Star Trek - but that's exactly what they tried to do with the mini. Unfortunately, rather than remake BSG, they remade a WWII movie called "In Harm's Way", with a few influences from other movies like Abyss, from Space: Above and Beyond, and several others, together with a liberal () dash of left-wing politics. Then they used a few visual and verbal clues that came from BSG:TOS to give a link they hoped people like me would catch and so watch.

Talk about compounding the confusion!

(BTW, this is not meant as a slam, or as bait, for those of you who like the mini, this is simply my own, personal, opinion.)

I'm not going to suggest the mini was bad science fiction; I didn't watch enough of it to be in any position to judge. But I see a very real danger that the mini - if continued via series or follow-up miniseries - will eliminate the possibility of a movie done in the TOS universe; a universe I see nothing of in the mini. I see the TOS universe as being far richer, far more complex, far more interesting than the universe I see in the mini. But we are in agreement, Eskimo: it would be too confusing to have both universes portrayed with the same label at the same time.

I know most of you will disagree with my views of this; that's fine, I realize that, in all things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I would not deny you your own opinions. I also appreciate being able to express my opinions here.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol