View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #11
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Re: Russell Sanders 2011 Message to Mr. Andrew Fullen

I'll admit, -- after my tour in Iraq, I've been more fond of the potential for reconciliation between disagreeable parties than I used to be. Since then, I've held a small but continued hope that there was some part of Andrew that could be reasoned with. Since then, I've spot checked him about once a year, -- always with the same unfortunate results. When he was identified in the "Big Screen" thread, it coincided with the general timeframe for the next spot check.

From what I read of late, Andrew seems to be floundering more than in the past. He's more intently followed a few folks and been more focused on all their activities. My impression was of a child standing in the snow, looking through the window at friends sitting around the fire, wondering why he has to stay out in the cold.

Part of me hoped that some rational dialog might be laid with Andrew but it isn't the time. He's still a rabid dog that knows nothing more or less than how to froth at the mouth. Admittedly, part of me finds it difficult to understand how any man of his age can consistently act like a child throwing a temper tantrum but I sometimes underplay his serious mental challenges. I'm not a mental health professional and that's what he needs if he is to ever be anything other than a venom-spitting maniac.

My intention for this thread was never to go beyond the initial post and the follow-up. I certainly didn't think it would turn into a running dialog. However, now that it has, its probably as good a place as any for the group we call fandom to decide if we are truly going to write him off forever or not. If so, I'm good with that. Given his decade of unrestrained hostility towards everyone and every thing, I wouldn't shed any tears if he was designated a permanent exile and I'd be as willing as any to cease all communication towards him and about him. If the consensus is to ignore him completely, I'm as game as any for that. He's certainly asked for it for a long time and its truly what he deserves.

As I said, I'd hoped part of him could be reasoned with but even if that eventually proved true, I doubt there's much value any of us could gleam from him. I don't harbor any bad feelings towards him but at some point, I guess we do all have to recognize the obvious.

Russell