View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #12
Capt. Lunaryn
Bad Email Address

Default Re: For those that still love to build models...

Thank you Athene,
Actually, one of my recent works happens to be my Avatar.
My namesake. She's a 1/24 scale figure that I painted.

Another one that I have done is Captain Ishtar 'Lady Killer' Dolyn in her Viper. She is the leader of the 'Star Wolves'. The best squadron aboard the only other battlestar known to have survived the Peace Conference Genocide. Battlestar Olympia.
(I am working on the story of this ship and her Fleet for an animation of webisodes/movie. As trying to do it live-action would be difficult ).

Side
Kill Markings
Starwolves
Right Bank
Flight Side
Replaced panel
Mk Ia Exhaust
Exhaust Warnings
Lower Fuselage
Ishtar

The Exhausts are from a aftermarket replacement kit I produce from Cheetah Productions.
The pilot was my first foray into figure painting after many years away.
I scratch-made her helmet emblem.
The 'Star Wolves' pennant was hand painted. (After I made this a friend of mine did a updated version and it happened to be added to an aftermarket decal set sold through Starship Modeler ).

I have always loved the Original Battlestar series (not a fan of the new series). And I have loved the Vipers since I first saw them.
The only thing I thought was missing from them was the Maneuvering Thrusters (though I never realized that until after I watched the NuBSG miniseries. ). So I added them and some other "real world" markings.

Enjoy.

Namaste
Capt. Lunaryn is offline   Reply With Quote