View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:15 PM   #846
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
today is the funeral and I can't attend because I have a class that is worth 2.5 % of my final grade and I'm just sqeeking through dam pathophysiology!! so I'm severely in the dog house with my boyfriend and his family. I tried to explain that if I don't pass this course I will be kicked out of nursing and that wil be it! But he's too angry and upset with me I can tell it's gonna be another long hard and emotionally exhausting week!
Do not let it get to you Rowan. Many people (esp. guys) have a hard time understanding just how important (not just important but critical) creating a career is. For most of us, we only get one shot at it. That's it. And if we let the bumps and potholes in life make us pull over and miss our chance, we spend the rest of our lives in regret. Worse, we usually (and for good reason) aim that regret at those responsible for making us miss our chance. And that, in the long run, is far more destructive to a relationship than missed family gatherings.

Please just let him know as best you can: better to be mad at you now for something you will both quickly get over, than harbor bitterness toward him for the rest of your lives together for missing your chance at a true and valuable career.

Life doesn't give second chances. Love does.

My best to you,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote