View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2004, 06:17 PM   #58
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Vasilatos
I can only imagine the outcry from people if George Lucas decided to add "handjobs" to "Star Wars". Or maybe people would like to see classic "Star Trek" with CGI sex scenes of young William Shatner and the green alien dancing girl?

I guess I just don't understand why people willing to let so much be changed for the BG re-imagining don't consider it a betrayal of what BG was originally about, classic space fantasy adventure instead of modern WB style "angst in space". I also thought the "Lost in Space" movie was crap though. It seems whenever someone decides to "remake" something contemporary to instill their own "take" on it, they ruin what was great about it to begin with.

It's just too damn bad Ron Moore wasn't allowed to take his concepts, change a few things (like the BG names) and just introduce a new show with a new title that doesn't alienate fans of the old while serving fans of whatever it is he and Sci-Fi are peddling.

JV
I believe Richard Hatch said just about the same thing in a couple of interviews.

I so agree with what you just wrote