View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #33
Boomer65
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
How is it sophisticated to want more "realistic" violence, bad language, naked bodies and sex acts in our entertainment?
Realistically, police don’t talk/act like those of Hawaii 5-0 or Adam 12. Realistically, families aren’t like the Brady Bunch or have fathers like Bill Cosby – if you can show me one I’ll show you some severely repressed children who will most likely grow up to be the next Tommy Lee or Kurt Cobain.

IMO, dancing around the obvious can be just as annoying as the unnecessary nude/sex scene. I admit, I liked it when the lead character on FX’s The Shield called his captain an “a$$hole”. That was REAL but more importantly, it fit. It wasn’t there just to shock the audience.

Quote:
While I can deal with a bit of nudity now and then if the scene really "demands" it, the more graphic things get, the less I want to watch TV or go to a movie.
The problem is that the copycats see that these shows, like NYPD Blue, are popular and mistakenly think that it’s BECAUSE of the nudity and language. So they try to duplicate the success simply by throwing in a bunch of nudity and language failing to realize that NYPD Blue was good because it had good acting and good writing first instead of last.
Boomer65 is offline   Reply With Quote