View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #1
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Enough is enough, damn it!

This just came through the bg.com mailing list. It's the last part that is more unsettling:
-------------------------------------------------------

All systems go for 'Battlestar' By Kate O'Hare, Knight Ridder, 2/14/2004

After a pilot miniseries for "Battlestar Galactica" delivered impressive ratings last December for
Sci Fi Channel, the cable network has given the green light for 13 one-hour episodes, likely to
begin production in Vancouver in the spring.

Moore does hear the concerns of fans of the original series, who have been very vocal throughout
the long process of bringing "Battlestar" back to the screen. "I've always thought about trying to
revisit a couple of the old episodes," Moore says. "And I'd like to approach some of the actors
from the old show to do some roles here. I still mean that. I don't have anything against the old
show, and any elements I can pull from it that will work in this universe, I think will be a lot
of fun."

And that includes original star Richard Hatch, a fan favorite who tried to launch a "Battlestar"
sequel. "Hatch looks great," Moore says. "It would be great to have Richard on."
----------------------------------------------------------------

NO, NO, NO, NO! The actors appearing in the new series would definitely interfere with the Larson continuation movie, and I can't help but think THAT is Moore's motive for his offer. A good continuation movie might jepardize the new series' chances of success, or not. Whichever, they appear to be thinking ahead to the consequences of a continuation movie with the original cast.

He has a new show which many say has aspects that have been culled from many other shows, now he wants to rob BSG of anything else he can find?

FUN? Sure, it would be 'fun' to watch the Larson movie go down the drain and add some creativity to the new series as well.

Original Cast - WAIT FOR THE LARSON MOVIE, PLEASE!

ojai22