View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #128
Ian_W359
Warrior

Hello there Fedaykin!

It was nice to read your reply to my post, I agree that after watching the mini - I'll be more qualified to respond to the ideas for any further continuation/re-imagining projects. But on hearing about the news of an order for 13 RDM episodes - I don't feel any special emotion - except an unease at ideas for re-vamping episodes of the Original Galactica, plus maybe another attempt at getting Original cast members to appear as cameos.....

As for the fan club 'The Thirteenth Tribe', the news has not been so good of late (the last year or two). Demands away from fandom have meant that there is less time to work on the newsletters, so I have been told, also there is less material (news, reviews, cast sightings in other shows, fan fiction and artwork) coming in from members - the general cause of the second problem is said to be the rise of internet fandom (such as our beloved Colonial Fleets - no offence Don & Tom you guys are the best!) Vicky did tell me last year that she was possibly looking to hand over the helm of the club to another member in the future. (I have not heard any more since - I'm overdue to send her an e-mail as it is!).

On the subject of Sky, have you seen how complex their pricing structure is? http://www.sky.com/skycom/allpackages
Sky Movies 2 (formerly known as Sky Movies Max 1) I guess is regarded as their second tier movie service (along with Movies 4,6 & 8 - The first tier being 1,3,5,7 & 9) - The mini may be repeated on the other channels at a later date.

Finally conventions - I do not think there has ever been a UK Galactica convention, although cast members have appeared at events over here - Dirk Benedict at Memorabilia (Birmingham N.E.C.), also with Herb Jefferson Jr. at Cult TV 2002 - Southport, and Richard Hatch at Cult TV 2003 - Weston Super Mare (I think his first UK con appearance was Convergence 1999 - Bristol) - A lot of these appearances are driven by fan demand (and obviously ticket sales - RH's appearence last year was sponsored by a London fan group, boosting the chances of him coming - unlike the year before when he was pulled off the bill a month or two before the event). The best site IMHO for UK convention listings is ConUKopia at Cult TV - http://www.cult.tv/ - Select 'Infocentre' then 'ConUKopia Events Diary'.

Whoa! This has been a long post! If you need any more info on 'The Thirteenth Tribe', please ask, but I recommend sending a letter first - to get an idea on the current status of the club.

All the best,
Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote