Thread: Sunrise, Sunset
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #25
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Tonight my family called me over to the west window. I stared in awe with my daughter at what had to be the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. Wisps of pink and lavender clouds stretched from horizon to horizon, like a bow and ribbon on a gift of the world. What was most stunning, was that it looked /exactly/ like a painting; it was much too ethereal, and one could see each cirrus brush stroke, a canvas for some master Artist's hand.

Now my memory is complete, for once long ago I saw the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen. On a Central American beach and just at dawn, a golden sun the size of Jupiter rippled like liquid brass over a mirror sea. A sight I saved in song as, "Chalice sun bleeds liquid pools of gold...".

Association is the ink and quill of our mind. For me tonight reminded me of when I first found Fleets, sunrise, and when I saw it end, sunset. And if you wonder how I feel, imagine tomorrow with no sunrise.

That is what I fear if I should close my eyes and let my fervor sleep right now.

Affectionately,
Muffit
Beautiful post Muffit.

I felt the same way when a meteor passed right over my house.
It was so close I felt like I could touch it. It only took a few seconds
for it to go over yet it was so close and so very bright it seemed much longer.

I too felt as though nothing like that would happen again. But I was wrong.
First of all I had the memory of that one Meteor streaking across the sky.

Also ........ there were and will be other meteor showers to come.

They may look different ....... yet they will still come ..... just as other
sunsets and sunrises will come and go through our lives.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote