View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #89
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin
Hmmm, in the end BST the best thing to do is just ingnore the new Battlestar Galactica if it's not your cup of tea, as I have said I love the old series but want to give the new one a chance. It certainly wasn't created as some sort of personal insult to you. This might be old ground but things would be much better if people didn't b*tch about it.
Fedaykin, sorry for sounding a little heated. Regarding the ignoring of the new show, I did exactly that - didn't watch it. There was so much info about it, from the draft script-most of which did survive to production, the Q&A with Eick, and the interviews with Moore, that I knew it just wasn't for me. For me, here, it 'gutted' too much of the original show's heart and soul, in favor of the new idea. There's quite a few folks, here, that would echo that sentiment. Depending on what you liked, from the Original, I'd be interested in reading your 'review' of the new show.

Quote:
I don't feel that saying a continuation movie is unlikely is massively sweeping. I have no crystal ball and I'm not saying it's impossible but getting anyone to pick something up in hollywood is very challenging. There's no point working yourself up about it, if it happens fantastic but I'm not going to dwell on it.
Not working myself up, at all. It's just that Universal does not hold ALL of the cards, only the TV rights. Larson owns the movie rights and may be inclined to do a project, in that medium, if there is interest in the product.

Quote:
As for Katee Sackhoff she has been recieving a lot of flack for taking the roll of Starbuck I suspect that anyone might become a bit Beastly when people have been throwing all sorts of vitriole at you.
Sackhoff in the role of Starbuck was not the only thing that I didn't like. Her level of tact and diplomacy could also use some work. Knowing the 'outrage' of the TOS crowd, she could have said something much more diplomatic than 'Deal with it'.

Quote:
Finally on another note whilst BSG 1980 wasn't the best choice I did like those bikes
I did too! In fact, IMO, they are not that far of a reach, technologically speaking. If an affordable propulsion method could be developed, something like those bikes could conceivably be a 'next step' in 'ground/air' transportation.

Welcome to the Fleets!!

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote