View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #4
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Cool

Being a newbie, I can only hope you reconsider and reopen CF. Below is a collage of posts I made at other forums:

Quote:
In my limited time there, I thought CF was a great site and hope it returns. Some people may have complained about "over-moderation", but IMHO, it was moving towards a more family, all BSG fans are welcome oriented site where language, personal attacks, lengthly point-counter point arguments, etc. were properly moderated and limited in scope. There were plenty of other forum sections to discuss other topics and Sci-Fi programs. This may have been a major shift in philosophy from the past and some members may have resisted any change in the format.

Go to some other websites and forums, the Mods there will ban you if you step out of line or break the rules. If you are lucky, you may get one warning. Critical critiquing of a show, episode, the acting, etc. is allowed, but attacking another member because they like or dis-like a show or episode is a major no-no. Some sites even state that your signature cannot contain a link to a site, other than your own personal website, that you are personally profiting from, or you will have to become an official (paid) sponsor of the site before it's allowed. If one is looking for an "anything goes forum", then there are plenty available on the net. Otherwise, whoever owns the website or forum, makes the rules (and pays the bills).

If true that CF is gone, I would like to thank the CF owner(s), admins, moderators, and all the wonderful people I had the pleasure of posting with at CF for providing an excellent and cozy place in which to meet and discuss ALL things BSG. If financing was a concern, I would have donated to help pay for the additional bandwidth and to help defray costs.

I am truly sad that whatever caused the decision to "pull the plug" was ever made.

Aaron Douglas had mentioned that he was going to try to add in plug for CF in one of his lines. Sadly he will not have a chance to do so. Or maybe he could still do it as a tribute to CF.

The CF BSG smilies are the best and the most original I've seen in a long time.

Take care CF, I for one will miss it.
If you bring CF back, the only suggestions I have is that if a moderator is engaged in a debate, only another moderator(s) not involved in the thread can close the thread or edit posts within that thread. That would prevent any appearance of conflict-of-interest. Also, just merge the anti and pro mini forums if deleting the posts in one forum is causing so much controversy. Newbies are smart enough to skip threads they don't want to read and (from the time I joined CF) I didn't see any newbies posting flame bait in the TOS or Continuation sections. In fact, many newbies enjoy both versions and would like to see a continuation movie made too. Just review your posting policies and apply them evenly. Many forums post their policies (sticky) at the top of each forum section, so there is no excuse for not reading or noticing them.

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote