View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #16
Antelope

Default Children and Religion

If one of you is hard core on religion the other must be willing to go over. If both of you are hard core on separate religions or one of you is anti-religion your relationship will not work. My wife and I come from entirely different religious backgrounds. We are both religious but neither major church goers so it has never been an issue.

Children is an issue you should know before you get married. If one of you wants kids and the other doesn't it could destroy your marriage if kids never come. Men often think "I can think about this stuff later". The honest truth is you can't. After many years of marriage you don't want to decide whether you want to be divorced or accept a lonely old age for whoever goes second. Friends, nieces, and nephews will never love or care for you like well raised children.

Personally I think if you don't know if you want to be married I think you shouldn't. I also think your fiancee needs to look for someone who really thinks she is the woman they want to spend the rest of their life with. Maybe if neither of you two are married in a couple years you might find she was the love of your life after all. Don't keep her hostage either.