TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Re: In Harm's Way Differences

Quote:
Originally posted by antelope526
[B]Although the mini is a "remake" of "In Harm's Way" certain aspects of "In Harm's Way" were specifically changed so that at the end of the mini it comforms to the Battlestar Galactica mythos at the end of TOS season 1. In this respect Moore merged "In Harm's Way" into Battlestar Galactica at the end of the mini. I don't know if you've seen them both but I think you will understand where I am going if you watch them.
I understand what you're saying. Really, I do.

I don't think you realize that your logic is faulty.

The mini is either a remake of IHW or BSG.

EITHER-OR. Not 'and', EITHER-OR. One OR the other.

It is not a remake of both. It can't be. They are two entirely disparate stories.

I see where you make the false step, too:

Quote:
certain aspects of "In Harm's Way" were specifically changed so that at the end of the mini it comforms to the Battlestar Galactica mythos at the end of TOS season 1. In this respect Moore merged "In Harm's Way" into Battlestar Galactica at the end of the mini.
Because it's a remake of IHW, the only connection to BSG are the superficial elements I referred to earlier. Therefore, it is impossible for the "BSG mythos" to be present at any point of the mini - beginning, middle, or end.

In the mini, by your own description, the IHW characters meet different ends than in the original movie. Such is the nature of remakes, occassionally.

I restate: Because it is a remake of IHW, there are no BSG characters, so there are no parallels, character or plot, to TOS. There is no BSG mythos to end at.

Quote:
See we do have it both ways. The mini as a free standing movie is an alterred incomplete "In Harm's Way". It is altered and incomplete because it's end state is the Battlestar Galactica mythos and characters at the end of TOS season 1.
I hope you can see that we don't - we can't have it both ways. There is no way a remake of one movie can end as the remake of another, unrelated story.

The most accurate statement - 100% accurate, by your own research - is "The mini as a free standing movie is an alterred incomplete "In Harm's Way." ".

I'm about to get smacked on top of the head - I've got to go. I hope you see, now, where I see the flaw is in your statement - and understand why I see it as a flaw.

Good night!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol