Thread: BSG Mini
View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2004, 03:21 PM   #75
Antelope

Default Re: Dawg question

I continue to say I like the mini in it's own right even if it was called Space Cruiser Gallipoli. Whether they called them Americans instead of colonials, robots instead of cylons, war vessels instead of Battlestars, and changed all their names I would have enjoyed it for what it was. A good scifi remake of "In Harm's Way".

Moore did made an effort it appears as I referenced above to end the mini with the same character dynamic we had at the end of TOS (note: I said the end NOT THE BEGINNING). Some of the NAMES have been changed but the main CHARACTERS are still there.

I elaborated on the Apollo/Sheba, Adama/Siress (Forgot her name) situation. Starbuck is either gone or Tyrol is the Starbuck figure. Does anyone notice the Tyrol/Boomer dynamic is similar to Starbuck/Athena? We also have 2 more female figures that have yet to be fleshed out---Calley and the CIC girl (forgot her name). Either one may turn into the Cassiopeia figure in a series. Calley may be the beautiful Cassiopeia when she is out of her work uniform in "civies". I liked the TOS Boomer, Jolly, and Tigh but none of them ever had any opposite sex relationships in the show. As such they are truly blank slates for Moore. They all played basically "good loyal men".

Yes -- the mini was not the REAL Battlestar (Saga of a Star World) but it did set the stage for the REAL Battlestar season 2 with all the same CHARACTERS (not names). After 25 years I hope we finally get season 2 of Battlestar Galactica!