View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2004, 01:08 PM   #28
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Jim,

My perception is that at least six people are all explaining what they honestly feel is going on. I take it that six people are telling the truth. Since a new series is going to involve multiple companies with varying employees, different people are going to hear different things. They also know decisions at different levels.

I only have reason to think that one person may be lying in this whole thing. Beyond this one individual, even Ted Gorospe, whom I have a long and ugly history with, seems to be telling a fairly straight story from what I hear. I think his information is as correct as mine or almost anyone else's. They come from different people.

In the same way that a car wreck generates varying stories, all from the same true event, this undoubtedly will as well. I personally think everyone who is interested should make a huge effort in just reading the facts presented and take them with what they say and nothing more.

For instance, the 10 Dec post you referenced said that Skiffy wasn't planning to make a series soon due to lack of funds. This decision came from a meeting that had been pre-arranged, although the lack of funds announcement was something of a surprise to some people at the meeting. The post means nothing more than that. There was a meeting. They made the decision. (Actually the post was meant to encourage people to stop fighting like idiots but that purpose failed badly).

I'm convinced that many who didn't like that post already knew that Ron Moore was concurrently working on script ideas and a series bible. If you read beyond these facts, it seems like someone is lying. In fact, both reports are true. They are just coming from different elements. That doesn't make them rumors.

If you really don't want to deal with rumors, then the very, very simple solution is to ignore everything that isn't an official announcement. That includes BBoard posts and "news" you might see on a website. I personally wouldn't put any more credibility to a website report than I would a BBoard post. Both are equally easy to make.

If you want to sift through rumors, then figure out who you trust and who you respect. That's your right. You don't have a right to lash out at others who provide info or may trust or respect people other than those you've chosen to listen to.

Sandy