View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2003, 03:21 AM   #36
Corwwyn
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rain
*sigh* I simply don't understand the negativity towards the mini. It was the best sci-fi I've seen on TV in years.
You've got to realize it's not the mini itself, it's the whole concept of the mini.

If it had been the greatest work of SF in the history of TV, there would still be negativity from those that liked BSG, because of the mini's contempt for BSG.

Quote:
And TOS was just sooooo hokey-dokey silly.
And untrue generalizations like this certainly don't help. They just fan the flames.

Quote:
Even when I was 12, I knew a laser blast from Ice Planet Zero shouldn't bend when it was shot. I knew the space battles were recycled low budge @#$% and I knew Hector and Vector were so dumb
So it had dumb moments. Is a droid in ANH getting hot irons applied to the soles of its feet high art? What about the asteroid worm in TESB? The ewoks? Jar Jar? The really big underwater things in TPM? A planet having a water core in TPM? How 'bout the dodgeable slow phasers in early ST:TNG? The list is endless and strewn throughout every SF series I can think of.

Quote:
C'mon...
Baltar is believable, intelligent but shallow and gullible.
Adama is believable, strong but with feelings.
D'oh, I thought you were described BSG characters until your next line!

Quote:
Kara has the swashbuckle and is a deeper character.
Kudos to you, and much appreciation for actually referring to the character by name rather than calling her "Starbuck".
Corwwyn is offline   Reply With Quote