View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #28
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by Micheleh
Comparing sales figures of the DVD and viewership of the mini is totally innacurate, anyway. You have to pay money for the DVD and go through the ordering process. All you had to do to get the mini was push a button on your remote.

25 years from now, if they sell DVD's of the mini/whatever to the fanbase that's held out hope for a return all that time... then we'll compare numbers.
I grant that it is not an accurate comparison.

Sales of DVD does indicate size of TOS fanbase,and does not discriminate to correct for fans of both incarnations that want to see an RDM series.
Ratings of mini does not discriminate to correct for those that watched in horror vs those that enjoyed and want more.

I had seen a few threads basking in the glory of successful DVD sales.I don't think anyone has detracted this trend.
I do see those attempting to undermine the relevance of ratings in hope that RDM series never exists.Some of the arguments are correct in points of fact.And of course,a bit of cheerleading on the part of the anti mini faction is to be expected.

Happy viewing everyone.