View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2003, 09:00 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

The BSG DVD TRIVIA THREAD

Okay folks! Here's your chance to point out anything special, funny, unusual or otherwise worthy of mention in the new BSG DVD set!

Before I mention my finds, let me quote one of the funniest lines in the series, one of a couple of jokes spoken by Cylons:

===============================================
-- From Saga of a Star World, when the Cylons realize the Colonials have out-guessed their little surprise attack:

Imperious Leader: "How can this be? We took them completely by surprise!"

Centurion: "Apparently it was not as big a surprise as we hoped..."

This always cracks me up!!!
===============================================

Okay, now for two interesting bits of trivia. Someone mentioned the first one long ago but now that we have DVDs I can point you all right to it. Insert Disk 1 Side 1, Saga of a Star World, Chapter 4, Time 31:55. In green in the upper left corner of the Galactica's monitor screen you will clearly see: "Made in USA"!

And for the second bit of trivia, there appear to be actually 2 different joysticks in the vipers. Again, in Saga of a Star World, Chapter 3, Time 22:24, you can pause and see that 2 of the 3 buttons on the joystick read "Stores" and (I think) "Camera Pulse", where "Stores" is used to fire the weapons (I can't read the center button - somebody please let me know if you find it). Throughout the rest of the series, the 3 buttons are "Fire", "Turbo" and "IM". (The last one, "IM" I don't know what it stands for, does anybody know? I think it is used to brake/reverse).

That's it for my trivia for today!!! Please feel free to post yours here too as you find them!!!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote