Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up NEWS: Colonial Newsletter - 01/05/2003

(CONTINUED)

= = = =

December 8, 2002

NEW! Sign the Petition to Save Starbuck's Genitalia

Have you heard the official (confirmed) treatment of Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica mini-series script for the Sci-Fi Channel? 1) After decades of peace with the Cylons (robots BUILT BY HUMANS but with enough intelligence to turn against their designers), the HUMANS OF KOBOL are virtually annihilated in a sneak attack. With a small remnant of humanity surviving aboard the last remaining Battlestar, Commander Adama and President Laura Roslin opt to make a run for it in the Galactica, hoping to reach the humans' legendary homeworld of Earth, while pursued through space by the fanatical, now HUMANOID CYLONS... 2) LEE "APOLLO" ADAMA. A man with a LONG-SIMMERING BITTERNESS against his famous and respected father [COMMANDER ADAMA!], LEE believes that his brother Zak was forced into military service by their father, and that Zak's death was due to Commander Adama's demands upon his son. BARELY CIVIL TO HIS FATHER when they meet formally, LEE regards VISITS TO THE GALACTICA as INCIDENTS TO BE ENDURED. ["APOLLO" is only Lee Adama's RADIO CALL-SIGN!] 3) KARA "STARBUCK" THRACE, in ***HER*** late 20s to early 30s, is a loner, which makes HER an oddity among the Galactica's tight-knit crew of pilots. SHE'S tough and BALLSY with a certain worldliness. SHE'S as undisciplined and rebellious out of the cockpit as SHE is calculating and precise in it. HER mouth has definitely held back HER career. Not fond of COLONEL PAUL TIGH, the ship's Executive Officer, SHE enjoys both taunting him and beating him at cards. A take-charge woman who RUNS AROUND THE SHIP in a JOGGING BRA AND SHORTS, who might be attracted to LEE ADAMA. 4) GAIUS BALTAR is a literal genius. Elegantly dressed and aesthetically handsome, with the affected humility of the truly arrogant, BALTAR is a COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY DESIGNER who has won three Magnate Prizes. Sign the Petition to Save Starbuck's Genitalia, and speak out against this ABOMINABLE and RIDICULOUS script for a "Battlestar Galactica" mini-series on the Sci-Fi Channel!

http://www.petitiononline.com/nopeepee/

= = = =

December 8, 2002

For Better *and* For Worse?

Well, if the first announcement from FilmJerk.com was a bomb dropped on the Battlestar Galactica universe, the second announcement at least has some news for the better. Mister X at FilmJerk.com has stepped forward with an apparent "Mission Statement" from Ron D. Moore for the mini-series. The "Mission Statement" does contain at least some better news, following the notorious recent announcement that mentioned a script where Starbuck is a female, Apollo's name is "Lee", and Lee is bitter towards Commander Adama. There's no character breakdown in the second announcement, though special effects for the mini-series is discussed. Check out the following link at FilmJerk.com for the reported "Mission Statement" and commentary from the editor of that site.

http://www.filmjerk.com/archives/021...galactica.html

= = = =

December 7, 2002

Ron D. Moore Replies!

Well, the recent announcement of Ron D. Moore's script drew harsh comment over at the Sci-Fi BBoard for 5 days straight, and the storm hasn't cleared yet. The announcement drew titular comments such as: "damned freak", "butcher", "sickly schoolmarm", "Burden To Society", "Bizarro", "Disease of the week", "Cursed By God!", "Baby", "The Aids Virus Of Television", and even a death threat, as well as "HE HE HE HE HE HA HA HA HA HA" and "HAAAA!!! HAAAA!!!". And these are just the titles of some of the notes, I left out the scathing remarks and comments that made up the actual text of these notes. Well, look what the cat dragged in (or look what the cat barfed up, depending on your take on the script).

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows...5/531/316256/1

= = = =

December 6, 2002

25th Year Anniversary is back ontrack

Finally, some good news after an otherwise abominable day for Battlestar Galactica. This just in from Michael Faries of BattlestarGalactica.com: "25th Year Anniversary is back ontrack. I won't have specifics to share yet, but we're back on track for an event which celebrates 25 years of Battlestar Galactica. I'm not calling it the '25th Yahren' in my notes/e-mails, rather '25th Year.' Official news will come from the co-ordinator/event manager. I'll probably relay from my end/provide a conduit. I cannot divulge details at this time, but I would encourage people (of their own free will) to start saving funds so they can attend. It may kick MAJOR arse if it comes together as it appears it will. Will there be a web site? Possibly. I don't know yet if it'll piggy-back off of BG.com or be a separate entity. Please know: I cannot answer specific questions at this time. IF you have projects which you wish to debut/showcase at the 25th, it would be a good idea to contact me OFFLINE, via webmaster@battlestargalactica.com, so I can apprise the planners. I plan to have three entries of my own, plus I know of others who are planning to attend with some incredible projects of their own." Many thanks to Michael Faries for posting this report at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums.

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...=ST;f=21;t=765

= = = =

December 6, 2002

Filmjerk.com Editor expounds a bit on the background of his report

Edward Havens the Editor of Filmjerk.com and author of the initial "mini-series shooting in March" and "character list, new Starbuck will be female" report of December 2nd expounds a bit on the background of his report and adds some additional comments. Definitely worth reading, check out the following link for Edward Havens' post at the Sci-Fi BBoard.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows...1/5/531/316223

= = = =

December 5, 2002

New Letter from mini-series writer Ronald D. Moore

Ronald D. Moore who wrote the upcoming Battlestar Galactica mini-series for the Sci-Fi Channel replied to an e-mail from Battlestar Galactica fan computer artist Kenneth Thompson Jr., and gave permission for the letter to be shared. Kenneth Thompson posted a copy at the Sci-Fi Channel BBoard. The letter is an explanation of the news release, but be forewarned that none of the information is good for continuation supporters.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows...1/5/531/316222

= = = =

December 5, 2002

Battlestar Galactica report is true and mini-series is green lit for production

BattlestarGalactica.com today confirmed that the report at FilmJerk.com is "the most accurate account of Ronald D. Moore's work" to date, and that the Sci-Fi Channel's Battlestar Galactica mini-series has been green lit for production. BattlestarGalactica.com reports that: "It's official: Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica has been green lit for production. (4.Dec.02) In speaking with BattlestarGalactica.com and BattlestarPegasus.com, Ronald D. Moore officially confirmed that his Battlestar Galactica production has been green lit for full production. According to Moore, 'Michael Rymer ('Queen of the Damned,' 'Haunted' pilot) has been confirmed as the director.' FilmJerk.com has confirmed numerous plot and character details. In response, Moore comments, 'Bear in mind that this jumble of story elements and descriptions is not the same thing as a true synopsis and doesn't really do justice to what we're trying to do.' We will bring you additional, official information as it becomes available."

http://www.filmjerk.com/archives/021...galactica.html

= = = =

(CONTINUED)
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote