View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Battlestar Galactica 1978 G80-04: The Night The Cylons Landed

Series stars: Lorne Greene, Kent McCord, Bary Van Dyke, Robyn Douglass, Richard Lynch, Robbie Rist, Richard Eastman, Vernan Weddle, Herbert Jefferson Jr., Patrick Stuart, Allan Miller

Guest stars: William Daniels, Lara Parker, Peter Mark Richman, Roger Davis, Marj Dusay, Val Bisoglio, Bernie Hamilton, Heather Young, Wolfman Jack

A patrol viper runs across new Cylon fighter, and damage it, causing it to fall to Earth. Troy and Dillon set off to recover it, assuming it is a Galactian patrol. Due to heightened Air Force security, they are forced to take Earth transportation to New York, and in-flight, thwart a hijacking. Meanwhile, Adama learns that the ship Troy and Dillon will be intercepting is a Cylon one, and have no way to warn them, or tell them that the Cylon they will be meeting up with is a humanoid. They are delayed by the press surrounding the hijacking, but escape from the airport using their invisibility. They are further hampered in their search by the Halloween festivities, which also serve to aid the Cylon by allowing the Centurion to blend into the costumed crowds. They arrive at the crash site moments before it self-destructs, and steal a police car, but the Cylons are ahead of them, and are offered a ride to a party in with a group of broadcasting employees. In an effort to find a change of clothing to keep from being spotted by the police, Troy and Dillon grab costumes from a stage show and thwart muggers as they continue their hunt for the Cylons, who have kidnaped Wolfman Jack and taken him to the radio station. Troy finds the party, after the apartment has been set on fire by the Cylon, and rescues a boy and his dog from the flames. The Cylons are tracked to the station, and Troy and Dillon have to use their “super powers” to leap up and elevator shaft to prevent the Cylons from broadcasting Earth’s position to the Cylon fleet. Their chase leads them to a rooftop batttle, that ends with the Centurian carrying the wounded humanoid off the edge of the roof.

(I just wanted to say that the line “I wonder what someone would do with an aircraft once they seized it?” spoken by Dillon in the airport after they were introduced to the idea of hyjacking, gives me a chill when I hear it now.).

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote