Old July 3rd, 2003, 07:41 AM   #8
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kai
[QUOTEI wouldn't watch this new show if it were the only thing on TV. Giving this a chance is like saying it was a GREAT idea to kill of one of the greatest characters in Star Trek history, James Tiberius Kirk for a damned keypad. First Contact was only a hit because many including myself were hoping/praying for Kirk to return and kick some Borg butt.

????

1: I was well known that Kirk was NOT going to be in the movie. so you're prayers were.. stupid? anyway.. what is the fuss about Kirk? Patrick Stewart is 20 times the actor Shatner is!

2: First Contact was actually the BETTER of the TNG Crew Movies. Generations just pandered to the accountants. Insurrection was just.. dead. Nemesis should not have been made.

3: What has this to do with the Original Post?

4: Oh I'm sorry, if anyone wants to give the remake a chance, they're all nazi scum (Inferred by the first post) and less than human. Way to go to make new friends and influence ppl!!
[/QUOTE]

I compared the new BG reimagining to Kirk's demise. I don't like Nazi's. Comparisons to world events only fuel anger. Thomas had the correct idea. As for Stewart he is a great actor. Why did I think Kirk was going to be in First Contact is simple, Malcom MacDowell did an interview in which he said Star Trek fans would see Kirk again in the next film which was First Contact. I believe he was getting hate mail.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote