View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by StallionCornell

...I think I may have been misinterpreted.
Not at all, Stallion. My take, from your remarks AND the interview, is that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". Ron Moore truly does believe that what he wrote conveys his interpretation of Battlestar Galactica and that he feels it is among his best work. There is no fault in that. In fact, there is no fault on either side of this argument, with the exception of a certain "Collective". Moore is entitled to his opinion of BSG and we are entitled to ours. The fact that his opinion runs counter to ours places him in a minority, in forums such as this, albeit a very powerful minority. He holds all of the cards, save one - viewership.

Don't misundertand me, I am, in no way, saying that I prefer his method or that I will give his method a chance. Those two phrases are not in my vocabulary nor will they be. It's that I agree with your assessment of the interview. He seemed to stay true to his beliefs. It just wasn't what we wanted to hear (or read).

The interview reinforces, for me, that we won't change his mind nor the direction of the show, not at this late date. Our only hope now is to do as much as we can to ensure that the re-imagining, to quote you, "dies a horrible and painful death" then, move forward to a true return of Battlestar Galactica. My only fear, as I have stated in other posts, about this mess is that the re-imagining may "poison the waters" for a true, thoughtful revival of the show.

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote