michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default BG videogame - interesting tidbit

Hi everyone,

There's been an ongoing debate as to whether or not the Vivendi Interactive videogame of "Battlestar Galactica" is tied to the remake or the original series. I'm currently interviewing some folks associated with the game; hopefully we'll have some firm answers soon.

I'm also aware of something which HASN'T been publicly disclosed yet.

Both Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict have recorded parts for the upcoming videogame. And they're participating as Apollo and (male) Starbuck who visit the young version of William Adama via time travel. I wasn't permitted further details of the dialogue or storyline with these characters. For all we know, two characters appear to the young Adama, voiced by Richard and Dirk, who talk with him. We never know who they are, but to original series fans, it's obvious. Again, I don't know how Universal is handling this. They did read as Apollo and Starbuck.

The Vivendi Universal Interactive game is tied into the remake series, ie. the name "William Adama" as one example. The character of Cain is also within the game. (I didn't learn the first name, though.) Personally, I think Vivendi Universal is trying to appeal to fans of both the original series and the new one. They're hedging their bets in case this mini-series isn't a total success, or that (ahem) another producer is able to relaunch his own version.

The original game concept back in 2000 didn't deal with a prequel. And, in fact, the main character was a generic Colonial Warrior assigned to the original series Galactica, flying missions in space-borne combat (such as the current game release) AND the ability to land, get out of the cockpit and walk around in a third-person shooter environment against the Cylons. (I reported this years ago on BG.com and BP.com, as well as various bboards.)

Back to the game release...

Continuity-wise, though, I still don't understand how the original series Apollo and Starbuck could be visiting the remake series Adama... Hopefully we'll learn more about that soon. I understand that some folks aren't too interested in that news getting leaked, since there's an obvious marketing focus on the new BG remake series.

Remember this: The different business units at Universal have different interests, different priorities.

I have heard, too, that additional BG games are under consideration, depending on the success of this one. For which series, I know not.

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote