View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2020, 05:33 PM   #74
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: BG-04: The Long Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croft2018 View Post
I wish someone would write a book about the creation of BG starting with Larson's 1969 Adam's Arc concept (a response to Star Trek apparently) and following it through the wilderness years prior to Star Wars, the release of Star Wars, it's early rip off of SW phase (Apollo being called Skyler et al) and to the final revisions and production. And I mean a real warts and all approach that's honest and fair. Covering the marginalisation of Maren Jenson, the rejigging when Seymour refused to sign on longer etc.
For now the best book you can get on Galactica production history is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Say-All-Uncen...=books&sr=1-21

I hate the title of the book since that is a phrase unique to the other entity and only the first 30-35% of the book is about our show before it gives way to that other property but having said that, the quotes they put together tells as extensive a picture as there's been up to this point, though I agree we could use another book that tries to delve in to some of these other nuances you point out on the matter of when were change made to proposed storylines regarding when new decisions/edicts came down, and what plans might there have been if Jane Seymour *hadn't* agreed to come back for LPOTG? I think they were pretty much resigned to the fact from the get-go that they weren't going to land her for a full series.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote