View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2014, 02:36 AM   #1
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Viper Hangar - work in progress

I got a start on the viper hangers this week. Just thought I'd show a little progress.
This is a segment of one of the viper hangers. There are 10 bays like this one in each hanger, and four such hangers on each side of the ship.
At the back of this piece you see a raised area with a railing. Beyond this there will be a corridor and several compartments used by the hanger crews.
The other end of this piece you see a larger opening in the bulkhead, this matches up to an identical piece on the other side and forms a central taxiway.

Below the vipers there is to be a scissor lift type thing that has a pair of rails on top that mimic the launch rails and will lift the vipers off the deck to work on the landing gear or underside.
There will be an overhead crane in the center that rotates with a telescopic arm, rather than a gantry style crane. I'm still thinking about the design.
These shapes are basically just "roughed-in" at this point, and there are quite a few errors that need fixin. And sorry about the funky colors, these are just the random colors Max placed on the primitives I was building with. and obviously the vipers are just quickie stand-ins, as are the 6' tall biped men.

more to come this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg viper_hanger_Mar-8-2014_wip_001.jpg (280.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg viper_hanger_Mar-8-2014_wip_002.jpg (325.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg viper_hanger_Mar-8-2014_wip_003.jpg (356.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg viper_hanger_Mar-8-2014_wip_004.jpg (204.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg viper_hanger_Mar-8-2014_wip_005.jpg (235.6 KB, 48 views)