View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #133
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: A Battlestar Called Galactica...

The Big G is looking awesome there, sir! WOW!
I had a thought about escape pods too for my version of the Galactica, and one thought I had (kinda inspired by Star Trek TNG tech manual) is to have the command module (containing the bridge, Cdr's qtrs, council chambers)...not the full nose section, but the command module...serve as a lifeboat for the bridge and command crew, and whatever councilors might happen to be in the module at the time.

The pilot barracks on the underside of the Galactica could serve as another large lifeboat. Various lifepods of differing sizes can be found throughout the battlestar. Upon deployment, these units can rendezvous. The command module can connect to the pilot barracks module, and smaller life pods can be brought aboard a large hatchway in the aft of the barracks.

I also had a thought about the landing arms being ejectable from the main body of the battlestar....for two events: 1. To serve as lifeboats, and recovery units for smaller lifepods. 2. To eject in the event of an uncontainable boarding action by enemy ships. (The latter might actually figure into my BSGWars project ). For the first instance, serving as lifeboats, the landing arms would have their own energizers and propulsion....to power life support, and for weapons as needed. Essentially, the landing arms would be the warships of the escape units if emergency seps were needed. They would still be capable of launch and recovery ops of Vipers and shuttles if they are left intact in the heat of battle.

Just some ideas for my own battlestar. But if you think they might serve well for your purposes, feel free to use them...just remember to credit moi for the idea.