View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #11
Lara
Squadron Leader

Default Re: 12 hrs of Star Wars vs 20 hrs of Galactica...

Hmm, not quite apples with apples (and I'm not thinking the obvious theatrical vs TV as there is argumant that BSG TOS was the movies on the small screen.. think what they would have done with a high def plasma hometheatre with full stereo sound.... stop that thought.. it will only cause me to want a remastered rerelease)

I'll always watch original starwars (4), then empire (5) which are good and still hit the pleasure nerve, but after that, an increasing feeling of sinking disappointment as the concept was butchered by its own creator who had a fixation on cute 'n cringeworthy beasties means I don't sit and watch the rest of the movies.

BSG TOS I'll rewatch anytime, even if it was often too rushed, or unpolished, but it had its guts ripped in its second season and that much anticipated return to TV was a truly devastating (media) moment for me and I have never watched G80 eps more than once or twice max. Too many cute n cringeworthy characters..... (must be something in the waters in 1980 boardrooms, cos they even stuffed Doctor Who at that time, as well..)

Cheers,
Lara