View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #79
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: Galactica length question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Sorry CBSG4ever I never really properly scaled it. a habit I have only of late started to do with any proper preparation.

At the moment this model is been worked on by VK08 to reduce the poly count, far more effectively than I could. once that is finished I will work my bay into it but I can check on the opening on this model I am using ...

I think with the Galactica at this scale or perhaps a little bigger ... perhaps 3 or 4 hundred feet max should the as big as it gets ..

with the present arrangement. unless you wish to alter the launch bays
Agreed. That pic of the Viper launching kinda makes the case for the 6080 Ft (or a few hundred feet more) length for the "G". Looks pretty spot on.
Not sure if anyone else thought to measure up a Viper with a launch tube to figure out scale-to-length before. Excellent thinking, my friend.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote