View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #59
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
The massive fan base already existed. I'm not buying the argument that this was what was needed to rejuvenate interest in Trek anymore than I'd buy the argument that tampering with the original SW trilogy was needed to rejuvenate interest and appreciation for those films. When we can see movies from the 30s still have long-term appeal *exactly* the way they were first made, we should have enough faith in the storytelling ability of the originals in Sci-Fi to do the same. Because to do otherwise is to suggest somehow that the contributions of the actors/writers and director is somehow less important to the strength of the material than the FX. For me, Galactica's long-term reasonance is rooted entirely in my greater appreciation for what was done in the storytelling beyond the FX that was done in the best possible way for the time it was made in but which needed those other elements to stand out.

Without Spielberg, I doubt very much those end up to be big moneymakers. The bottom line is that if Lucas were really such a great creative genius he would have kept writing and directing more works of great originality over a 25 year span than what does have his name on it. Cecil B. DeMille he isn't.

As things turned out, "Miracle On 34th Street" and "It's A Wonderful Life" didn't need colorization to endure as classics. If we really have faith in what Galactica was able to do on its own, then let the work stand on its own like all other films and TV shows are supposed to do. Sci-Fi does not deserve to be treated as a separate category from all other genres of cinematic storytelling.
Well I disagree with you on this matter,,and I never said anything about rejuvenating interest in these show. as that the new effects in these shows enhanced the viewing experience. modernizing them for new generations

what I am talking about is to do with cleaning up the errors in the effects of BSG they can be shot with the same views and aspects if that what people want .. but should be fixed .. it take away from the film and show.
Like in Star Trek TMP ... it enhanced the viewing experience and took nothing way from it and added every thing to it. imo

Bottom line for me is that the effect need to be reworked and improved .. and that's my view on it and it been that way for some time.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote