View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #845
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Look, i don't want nor like sounding negative on the Galactica movie issue. But the last time we had a revival going and Singer was asked to step away by 20th Century Fox to go prep X2 in early 2002, where exactly did all the hoping for the BG revival circa 2001-02 lead us after he walked away.

To April 2002 where syfy made an announcement we all didn't like, fans of the series and casual sci-fi folks alike.

So i hope that point is made crystal clear because of previous experiences we have together and not cos of some recent mere news thats cropped up out of the wood work! I've always been too passionate for my own good, but i've got a lot of good common sense people. Like its been said on here before. Fanbase is always going to have BG; fan movies, fan edits, fanfiction, CGI mesh projects, audio dramas etc etc.

If the Galactica movie not coming out past 2011 or 2012 i've got plenty of fantasy/sci-fi fictional TV/film projects i'm truly interested in, that i'd personally like to see happen. If Universal can't be arsed for 32 plus years to get it right and work out they have a "sleeping Juggernaut" constantly drugged in their basement, its their loss.

But life goes on (sadly without a BG revial of anykind?).

KJ.

P.S. (*For laughs*) A particular sequel, lol.

Sleeping Giant: Ugh, whats going on...

(Bryan Singer steps into hospital room)

Singer: Ya know. When i think about it old buddy. Fox's recent visits have opened my eyes.

Sleeping Giant: Ugh....hmmm huh, to what?

Singer: That a) Marvel and Fox made me another offer to do the X-Men, with full quality control, final cut EVERYTHING. And b) Nothing's more important than the almighty dollar! And that money talks

Sleeping Giant: ("shock horror") What!!!

(Singer drugs his old friend)

Sleeping Giant:Nooooooooo...! Zzzzzzzzzz!

(Doctor passes by hospital wing)

Doctor: Huh..........Not again! Hey HEY wake up. nurse get help, i've gotta keep him awake again. Err... hmmm lets see (holds giant's hand) who starred in the Christmas movie 'Fred Claus'.

Sleeping Giant: ugh......A bearded Lorne, (passes out) Greeneeee....Zzzzzzz!