View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #653
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
Get a hold of a copy of the pilot episode for a certain series she is scheduled to do for SyFy. Can't say any more than this, but 10 seconds into it, you'll see what I mean about her unsuitability for the project in any capacity.

Didn't he botch X-Men 2, and had to be bailed out by Zack Penn and Singer himself in major rewrites as they shot the thing?

Alex Garland botched the screen treatment for Halo. He had it rewritten by Josh Olsen and some other guy whose name escapes me; so that it could be shot within budget. That is not a slam on him, because he is a great writer, (28 Days Later) but it does show that he has a problem with writing within a limited FX budget.

I have no argument with this. There may have been some casting gaffes with series 2 of the new Who (Doctor), but the writing is still very good.

The more I think about it the more I think Russel T. Davies would be the absolute man for the job! He's just coming off of four successful seasons of the relaunched Doctor Who not including the specials. He can definitely bring something back the right way and bring the long time audience along.

With David Hayter all I really know is that I really like the film she ends up working on. I'm not really aware of the behind the scenes stuff all that much. I loved the first two X-men films and thought Watchmen (love it or hate it) was a very loyal interpretation of the graphic novel.

Out of the writers Bryan Singer is known to work with Hayter is the one I think could do a decent first draft at the very least. I'd love for them to go for broke and bring in Davies. I think it would be a BRILLIANT move!

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote