View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Sarika
Strike Leader

Default My Chat with Terry Carter!

Yesterday I logged in to facebook and noticed a few of my friends were online, one of them being by chance, Terry Carter!! (the Colonel himself)
So I decided to try my luck and opened up my chat window with Terry and before I knew it, we were chatting!
Kind permission has been given by Terry for me to share with you all the little chat I was fortunate to have with him before he went to have breakfast.
There was a small break in the chat due to Terry seemingly going offline for a centon, then he came back again..yay! :-* I can say he is a very lovely gentleman even though i only spoke with him for just a few minutes, but well worth it! Sigh.... :-[ Made my day!

Chat with Terry

Sally

Good evening Terry, hope you are well?
5:15pmTerry

Good morning Sally! I'm very well. How are you?
5:16pmSally

Very well indeed thank you! So nice to make your acquaintance. I am honored to chat a little with you
5:16pmTerry

In what part of the world are you?
5:17pmSally

I live in Australia, north Queensland. Have you ever been down under?
5:17pmTerry

Not yet! How do you manage to keep the dots over the 'o' in your name? That's very Swedish!
5:19pmSally

Terry is no longer online. The following was not sent:

LOL!! Actually the "dots" are germanic. I simply hold the key "option" and the letter "u" and then press the letter "o". Indeed you would know about these things as I heard you once spent some time living int he netherlands?
5:21pmTerry is online.
5:23pmSally

Um did you get that last reply of mine? Sorry, I think you went offline for a momen there.
5:23pmTerry

No, I'm right here, but I didn't receive a reply.
5:24pmSally

lol...well, to answer you querry as to how I keep my dots in my name, i simply hold the key "option" then press the key "u" and then press the key "o" and viola!
5:26pmSally

Actually, I'm half German, from Austrian roots
5:26pmTerry

That was not my question. I have a key board that does it. ööööö. My question related to your being in Australia where people don't ordinarily have 'ös' in their names.

Ah, I see!
5:27pmSally

LOL! I read that you spent some time living in the netherlands Terry. Do you still reside there these days?
5:29pmTerry

No, I'm in Scandinavia these days. I just got called to breakfast. Gotta go! Nice chatting with you, Sally!
5:29pmSally

Thank you so much Terry, enjoy your breakfast! Have a wonderful day!

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote