View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #201
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125 View Post
Dear Kestor....yes I've read the script but I think its too ambitious for a 30 second TV advert.
Indeed. The Cyclon eye sequence, as described, alone would probably run over 30 seconds. Still it's nice to dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125 View Post
What I was thinking about was a series of space battle shots which already exist or could easily be created by this fanbase.

Whilst never say never to live action, clips from The Second Coming or the original show, the feasibility or legalities of things must not get too complicated for a fan lead endeavour. This should be keep it simple.
I suppose one could always go the SPACE MUTINY route. Source the desired VFX shots from the stock library footage and integrate it with fan shot footage. .

If the BSG fan community can't come up with better looking computer graphics and costumes than THAT then perhaps we don't deserve anything better than GINO Caprica.

The again the simplest promo would probably be best shot as a PA. Maybe have it start as a single static long shot of a dark smoke filled hallway, a dim light in the distance, and a figure in silhouette slowly walking toward the camera. As the figure walks into frame they are revealed to be an actor dressed in full colonial battle dress wearing a flight helment. The narration could say something as simple as: GALACTICA IS COMING. ARE YOU READY FOR IT? And then have the scene fade to a simple onscreen graphic displaying a URL of a site for people to go to for more information. Sort of like a PSA.

You could probably do a number of these and have each one be an actor dressed as a different colonial character. Warrior, Socialator, Bridge Officer, Cylon, et al.
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote