View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #174
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Far as other aspects of enjoying BSG go, perhaps a CFF petition and advertisment campaign in starting a big project along the lines of getting 'Battlestar Galactica Re-Mastered' and onto Blu-Ray would be a better angle to go for rather than go the painful; wanting of a big screen movie update etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Noble
I think that's a pretty good suggestion.

As yet there is no sign of TOS on Blu-ray and to make a possible package 'pop' for people who already own the DVD it's got offer something different.
In closing, i'll say this for now.

But akin... to the Star Trek Remastered effort but FAR BETTER and realised.

And for the extras to incorperate and include the original actors participation. Think this'll cost money so alot of brainstorming over whats needed would need to be discussed first and off-hand with those in the know.

BSG was shot on film, so the remastering needs to be done to the deleted scenes regradless of cost, the episodes for the first ever would have to be shown uncut with the deleted scenes restored in their proper order and placement, all continuity issues fixed (Apollo/Starbuck scene with Cain shown uncut officially, the drawing of the blaster/gun in LL on the Pegasus etc.)

CFF could then easily handle the fan requests of what would be realistic and necessary in advertising a possible re-release of BSG onto Blu-Ray with all-new extras as a lure for those who want to buy the series again, but wouldn't necessarily be double dipping etc.

There's more to say, but you guys and handle it til i pop in again!

Laters

KJ