View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #166
Malkyte
Colonial Misfit

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon View Post
I think its probably time for almost everyone here to return to the Skiffy board and engage with the fans there. I see the end of GINO a lot like the Iraqi reconcilliation. There's a lot of ugly people there but the rules aren't the same as they used to be. Civility is militantly enfored (usually - sometimes its ignored). I think positive interactions there is probably a good idea, not because I think that we're going to sway anyone but because I hope it will start to restore a sense of unity.

Sandy-

Like you and many others who have expressed their feelings at the present moment, I truly understand and feel similarly in a lot of respects. While I wasn't here for all of it (beginning of 2003), I have certainly been through enough of it to understand where people are at this point. I haven't contributed to this community nearly as much as some others have, or even as much as I have wanted to. That has been for multiple reason, of which real life has had a part in. I should also add though, as you have experienced, is that when I have tried to make a contribution, the reception has been less then impresive. I am kind of feeling that now.

I tried generating a few conversation pieces which I thought might be fun, but the level of particapation has been less then underwhelming.(I am hearing those crickets quite loudly at the moment) I didn't have to do it. I will be out of a job at the end of July, with no idea of where I will be after that, so I definitely have other things that I could be doing. But I thought I would try something.

Its actually not the only thing I have in the burner either. I am wokring with another person on a story, as well as finally getting to some CG work that I have been working on for a while now.

But frankly, as you and others have put it, the lack of even acknowledgement of efforts taken is very minimal in this community at the moment. I don't understand why, nor does it give me any incentive to continue or share what I may have.

There is a lot of reflection of things past and I am completely in agreement that, that has been over talked about and analyzed to death and we really should start looking and focusing forward. We certainly need to understand where we have come from, but the question now is how we want to move forward as a community... if we even want to do that. I think we do, but we need to start thinking like that. What's happened, has happened. I don't feel there is any need to dwell on it anymore.

I think part of the way we can move forward, is truly focusing on the things that brought us here in the first place, the reasons we enjoy BSG to this day. I made mention of a documentary in the brainstorming thread, in which we talk about what really made us love this story so much that we are still looking for the community that believes like we do. It would be a positive and classy way of reconnecting with the roots of this community, and provide an inadvertant and yet classy way of getting our message out there. And even if no one lese would care or listen to it, it would be a way to get back to the roots of it all.

Of course, that requires particapation, which is rather limited at the moment.

Finally, I just had to ask about the above quote that you made earlier. While I understand the idea behind it, how would returning to the Scifi board at this time be beneficial to any of us. The show is still going and there are still going to be people that love the new show there and desparage the original, which ultimately could errupt into uneccassary battles again. Most of us here, still have absolutely no love for GINO, so why go into a pro-GINO area to stir things up, especially if you're not even watching the show? Maybe AFTER the show finally ends, but even then I am not sure how that would be wise. ...And honestly, I would like to here that invitation, or olive branch if you will, from someone from their side before I would seriously consider it. Coming from you, while noble, does not have the same meaning. That's not meant in any disrespect, but rather that I want to see and hear that the other side is willing to come to the table as well.

Just my .02 cents.

Denes