View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM   #38
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrakman View Post
I have to say I just have a sinking feeling that these "negotiations" will turn into Larson selling the movie rights to Universal so they can push out a movie based on the series that shall not be named. That Larson is simply sabre-rattling to get the asking price up.

But this is pure speculation on my part, I'm sure there's others better in the know.
Jaeson -

The only problem with that is that TNS has completely wrapped production. They've even already completed filming for a direct to DVD movie that's due out this summer. The sets have been torn down, costumes, props, etc are being sold off. If Universal was going to do their own feature film based off the current series, I find it difficult to believe that they would want to start completely over just for one film.

I'm hopeful about the movie announcement and unless someone can come up with something concrete that says otherwise, that's where my head is at with it.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote