View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #22
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Back and thinking about project

Still looking at Norse mythology. Haven't gone as in depth as I had hoped. Doesn't mean I haven't had this story on my mind though.

I've been thinking a bit about names, and one thing I know about Norse is that they often used last names based on who the father was before. Like Leif Ericson's father was Eric the Red because he was the son of Eric.

I felt this approach was too easy, and wanted to try something different. I think Martok took a similar approach, I'm not sure.

I think Oriental cultures use the terms 'san' and 'sa' to describe sons and daughters. I know Russians usa an 'a' at the end of a last name to indicate a son or daughter. So I figure I might try something like this.

Selena sa Seth

Or

Apollo san Adama.

Don't know if I'll do something that designates royal house or anything like that. I'll have to see how the research progresses.

As for format I'm thinking right now along these lines.

Prologue 1:Expedition launch

Prologue 2:The Occupation according to Janus.

Part 1:Coming home

Part 2:Surviving home

Part 3:Escaping home

Epilogue:Voyage to a new home

Obviously parts 1-3 will be the core of the story, and should have multiple chapters while the prologues and epilogue will be stand alone chapters serving as beginnings and ending.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote