View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #92
Viper 1
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
By the way, i thought the 'Recon Viper' would be Starbuck's Cora "Starchaser" test Viper, with that written in "red" on the left hand side of the Viper with no lasers on it etc?

KJ

Well that Viper, from "The Long Patrol", was just a standard "Starhound" class (that name is just so funny) Viper with the modifications of C.O.R.A. and the extra generators, or turbines or what ever they did to it to eliminate the laser generators.
It was experimental..... My design is more of the practical approach to the design. Like the Navy today....they have two seat TomCats with a pilot and a "Reo", a spotter that handels the techical side of the plane while the pilot is busy doing the flying. It's something that.... like you said KJ.... you could have seen in a second season of Galactica. It would have brought the audience closer to the show by bringing them closer to real life.....(so to speak...with the association to the navy pilots)
That's my bad analogy any way.

And I thank you once again for the cudos on my models.
would you like some more pics???

The Yellow markings put this Recon/Scout Viper in Yellow Squadron on the Galactica. I jus think it makes more sence that if your gonna have different squadrons with different color names...you should have the corisponding markings on the Vipers
(and to tell a little secret..... they would have done that on the original show..if they had had enough money to build enough Vipers, and not just use and reuse stock footage over and over again.)
i will eventually have Vipers from each Squadron of the Galactica..... Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow..... (but I won't be doing Purple and Orange.....since they don't exist...except in Starbuck's mind... )
I will even have Scarlet Vipers from Gray Squadron and Black Squadron from the Battlestar Millennia, which is in a story line that I developed back when DeSanto was in the process of his continuation.
Viper 1 is offline   Reply With Quote