View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #64
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
A prequel would be totally unacceptable for me. If there is somthing to be done with the universe of TOS, then I want resolution to an interrupted storyline that's been left hanging since 1979 and nothing less. The "combat" and "wrecks" is not what I think of first and foremost about Galactica, it's about what happened ulitmately to Apollo, Starbuck, Sheba, Boomer, Cassie etc. and while a continuation need not be overly devoted to settling those plot threads, it *must* address them in some way or else it's nothing but a cheat from my standpoint.
In addition to that development of story, I alwayys wanted to either read or see the (fictional) history of the RT fleet at large. I don't mean the members of the quorum or the occasional convicts, but of the ordinary people caught up in the caravan across the stars. Those are the people I thought would always be the unreported but most interesting members of the twelve colonies.

We always hear about the Nathan Longs or William Shermans in the pioneer epics but we never read or hear about the Samuel Elliotts or the Thomas Brazaeles.

http://www.forttours.com/pages/warren.asp

You never know how close, General William Tecumseh Sherman came to being scalped, until you learned the history of the Kiowas, do you?

As always;