View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2006, 10:22 AM   #18
Numen
Shuttle Pilot

Just wanted to say this as it is how I feel about BSG ......

Having been there when BSG77 first hit the silverscreen and then Tv ... was quite a phenom at the time ... Star trek was boring and star wars was just three films with predictive screenplay. Like all space bound operas BSG was at a time with competition on the rise ... STTNG was testament to this ... suddenly BSG was dated and the ST Dynasty rolled on to thunderous applause from the masses ... but some of us RPGers held on to that little fragment of history created by BSG. Now we have RDM's 'reimagining' of how he see's BSG should have been .. but like fans of ST:TOS when ST:TNG came along they protested and threw numerous teddies out of the preverbial pram .. but money had become God and ratings even more ... thanks to RDM the original Galactica is now only a fond memory to the few who really knew ... and as much as some loathe the thought RDM's BSG 2003 is like the preverbial surf wave for the sportingly challenged ... it has dared us to view BSG in a new and different light ... I for one will always be torn between the two, I do love seeing the original 'ol girl ... but zoic have shown us a new style and she too is a beautiful work of art .. at first I tried to hate her ... but you see here's the point ... as much as I'd love to hate her .. she is BSG .. but to the new generation .. and so this is concluded with love them both and keep the Battlestar Galactica faith ... no matter what shape she appears ... coz while we have Battlestar we are safe from Star Trek on mass exploitation.

Only one problem Warrior .. I can't seem to get the 'remake' version to texture ? ... am I missing something .... I hope to add my first picture this weekend *crosses fingers and prays to the Gods of Kobol*
"Sometimes terrible things have to be done ... inevietably each and everyone of us will have to face a moment where we have to commit that horrible sin .. and if we flinch in that moment ... if we hesitate for one second ... do you know what happens .... we cover them in flags and float more of them out the airlock."

Admiral Helena Cain, (Ressurection Ship prt.2)
Numen is offline   Reply With Quote