Old November 23rd, 2005, 05:45 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Hmm...

Let's see....

I've cooked a turkey with the following methods:

1) The old fashioned way (in a roasting pan)

2) Using a Showtime Rotisserie Oven

3) In the oven with the turkey in an Oven Bag

I've also had a turkey that was deep fried - I didn't make it, but it was terrific!

Each method has their own appeal. The rotisserie method is the easiest... No basting, it still gets nice and brown - very juicy too! The oven bag method is practically foolproof (unless you puncture the bag). The turkey is very moist and it's practcally impossible to overcook with this method. The old fashioned way is a great time-honored tradition, but if you're a first timer and don't have a lot of time to devote to cooking a turkey, I wouldn't recommend it.

As for the deep frying method... I've heard that it's potentially dangerous, but if you're careful and do it just the way you're supposed to, you will get a delicious turkey with less time and less mess - but you miss out on the wonderful smell filling the house (you should do this outdoors).

Happy turkey day everyone!
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote