View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #97
3DMaster
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles
We see the crater and the spall. plus the outlying civilization remains or we become extinct. It would have to be a K-T event to obbliterate an Egyptian sized civilization's footprint.
A hyper-dimensional event actually: where heading to another one; reversing of the north and south pole, is according to conventional science a few 1000 years late, according to HD physics it's right on scedule, somewhere in the next century or two it should come.

Quote:
The tailings don't.
Even they can decay. Plus, if an scientist would find it now, do you think he'd 'date' the mine as somewhere in the past 5,000 years or much earlier? Even if it's earlier?

Quote:
Ships.
Huh?

Quote:
I recognize worked metal even if it is slagged. Something as big as the helicopter, I would recognize the castings-especially aluminum which is persistent in its worked state.
There wouldn't be anything left of a helicopter. And you would, archeologists don't. Archeologists are only trained to recognize pottery and such; after all there was no advanced technology in the past, so you don't need to recognize it. Even if they'd recognize it, they'd just toss it away on the garbage as modern contamination.

Quote:
Unlikely that a volcanoe as big as Yosemite was active in Egypt(no caldera thirty miles across). They would use aluminum and worked glass and that would survive.(see above.)
Not Egypt. There are other places on the world.

Quote:
You smelt or refine you pollute. Period. That is chemistry.
Which will be cleaned up by the Earth, can be cleaned up by us if we put our minds to it.

Quote:
TROY.
No.

Quote:
I use a telescope and track satellites. Also geosynchromnous satellites have orbits that last 900,000 years plus and if you look up with a telescope in the night sky you see them.
You may track satellites, but can you see from here if it's one of ours or one that's been there for 10,000 years?

900,00 years providing their guidance system and correctional rockets stay intact all those years. With micro meteorites flying about; I'd say none of our satellites stay in orbit for even a mere 1,000 years.

Quote:
Still dug up weren't they?
Yes, but they are expected, no archeologist or paleontologist will toss them away as modern contamination.

Quote:
Ahem, We are digging up buried dinosaurs from under that ice sheet.(see antartica ice citation.)

Best wishes.
No, we are not. At high altitudes: as in in the mountains where ice is much, much, much thinner perhaps. We however do not drill and dig down kilometers and kilometers of ice, big enough to let a human through, and have the means to getting them down and back. And would there be cities on the mountain tops? Don't think so, they'd be down below.

"Gimme some sugar, baby."

3D Master's Story Homepage
3DMaster is offline   Reply With Quote