View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2005, 05:41 AM   #62
gpdesigner
Email Unconfirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
Great link... is that the guy that did the new G orginally? Passaro?
I don't know for sure, T think that would probably be something that Titan would know. As he worked on the details for the bow section of the production model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikala
Wow a Lightwave native Galactica! Coming along real nice. A must watch thread for me.
Thanks for the kuddo's mikala, and welcome to the boards . . .
I think you are right when you say the Galactica is a native of LW. I saw a clip of the mesh in the extra's of the mini series dvd and the screen shot was LW.
They may not have used LW to do the rendering but I am pretty sure the model was built there.

Right at the moment I am trying to fix the port openings for the arms holding the landing bays. On the Zoic model the header edges are rounded off . . . .

The one that I built is very square not at all like the original production model . .

Now because I am twisted about trying to maintaining exact detail on "some things", I am working on this area to make it rounded. I tried to round off the edges buy building it that way but the surface edges were unstable and hard to manipulate. As you can see in the image above the hull section before the opening slopes down . . . . This is one of the symptoms of weight map correction.
So the next method is to actually cut the rounded hole out of the hull and rebuild the finishing touches by hand so to speak . . I will post that up later today when I am finished . .

first I need to mow the grass around my house as the little woman is on my case about it . . . and also the garden is full so I need to pull out the ripe tomatos and
cucumbers, veggies and beans . . . Then water the grass and paint the patio deck. . . .

did I say I was going to post progress today . .???

T
gpdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote