View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #99
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
First off, you didn't address yourself to me directly which surprised me, because I was making an effort to do so with your post in what I thought was supposed to be an ongoing dialogue. You then addressed my post's points in an offhand manner that I found to be dismissive because it seemed to me that you were more concerned with making a bigger point about how pointless the discussion was becoming and that nothing further could be added to it. And finally, I asked you some questions at the end of the post because I was genuinely interested in your answer to them, and you didn't address any of them or even acknowledge their existence.
Eric, sometimes it is as simple as folks get tuckered out. It's frustrating when it happens and we were having fun chatting. But it's OK when folks are at the end of their words on a topic.

Neither of you were going to agree, and it can feel like you are trapped in a circle without an exit if you keep at that kind of conversation.

I appreciate that you posted this thread at all. I think it does give people more insight.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote