View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #1
Mustex
On Vacation...

Default Could TNS just be the next step

O.k., TNS is probably the most realistic science fiction ever on t.v., but many people have already pointed out it's flaws. This made me think. Consider the overall progression of sci-fi in movies and on t.v. From Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon, to Star Trek, to Babylon 5, to Andromeda, to TNS. I naturally overlooked quite a few series that didn't fit the pattern, but these seem to fall into a pattern of increasing realism.

Here's my thought, is it possible that all this could be leading up to a day when a science fiction series could be greenlit that has writers as talented as Joss Whedon, J. Micheal Strazinski, this Coto guy who almost saved "Enterprise," and Ron Moore, but also has chemists, physisists, sociologists, psychologists, anthropologists, astronomers, neurologists, doctors, and members of every other research field under the sun. All for one purpose, creating a science fiction show that is completely plausible (not hard science, but firm, with rationals for breaing physical laws that aren't just techno-babble), completely consistent, socially believable (not just our society, or a past society, but a real future society that might happen), and more importantly, alot of fun .

I grant you we're still several steps away from it, but we're getting there.

Rule 1: You lose.
Mustex is offline   Reply With Quote