View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #5
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

This particular one was the first adaptation I did where my intent was to improve on what I felt was the very inadequate novelization. Those who've read it will note how the novelization gave us a weak-kneed Adama who doesn't boldy stand up to Iblis and has to be led around by Apollo more; an improbable ending in which Baltar is returned by the SOL to his baseship (with this point conveniently set aside when "Baltar's Escape" was given novelization treatment) and most infuriating the whole elimination of the Baltar-Iblis conversation and with it the connection between Iblis and the origins of the Cylon robot race that is IMO the most critical subtext of this entire episode.

I'll go into more detail about what I did when I finally work my way forward with the other episodes starting with "Magnificent Warriors".
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote