View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:45 AM   #16
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld
Draco:
Per your question, although I've met Richard Hatch, Herb Jefferson, Dirk Benedict, Jack Stauffer, and Anne Lockhart of the original cast (as well as tons of others from different shows), I'd have to say that Anne Lockhart was by far the nicest, hands down. That is not to say that the others aren't nice. Richard is very nice and accomodating, although I've seen him "down" at shows because of the show attendance, etc., and Dirk is very pleasant in person, but seemingly much friendlier through the mail.

In fact, when I first met Dirk at a show, I took the letter that he had written me (as well as the signed photo through the mail, so that I could thank him personally), and his reply, after reading his letter to me, was, "Gee, this sounds like I'm a pretty nice guy," whereupon he gave his "Starbuck" corner of the mouth smile....

Herb Jefferson is always nice, and likes to talk about things other than Battlestar, as well as funny anecdotes that happened while filming the show. Jack is very friendly, and as he describes himself, he "likes to yak about anything with the fans."
I can be a difficult thing meeting famous people!
In fact I sometimes think it would be better for some celebrities NEVER to do interviews!
Luckily, it sounds like the BSG crew are good guys and gals?
It's sort of reassuring that Dirks sense of humour is 'real' and not just how his character was written!

I used to work in promotions and met a lot of musicians/pop artists. I found them a pretty mixed bunch.
Some were lovely, but some of the least famous or established were absolute primadonna's!

Strange one, I met Shigeru Miyamoto (Nintendo - Mario creator) and he seemed like a really nice guy.
My mrs wants to find out if any of the BSG crew are at any conventions in England this year, and she wants to go (after reading your post) so hopefully I might get to meet one of the Gods of Kobol! (she wants to meet Richard of course!)
Centurion Draco is offline   Reply With Quote