View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2005, 11:00 AM   #24
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

"In other discussions of TOS I have seen that many TOS fans seem to think that TOS is a polytheistic society and that the "Lords of Kobol" represent that fact."

Except that they'd be wrong, because the four Adama references that have been cited should settle that question once and for all and render further discussion of it moot.

"Also the beings of light imply that man may evolve himself into an angelic or God-like being. Iblis himself (Satan) is just an advanced but limited being."

So too is Satan in the realm of Judeo-Christian tradition. Even he ultimately has his limits to what he can do (the book of Job).

"I think fundamentalist Christians could have issue with TNS but except those who want to see what they want to see they should have equally been appalled at TOS (unless you are a fundamentalist Mormon)."

You have not made the case that there is anything for traditional Christian to be "appalled" by in TOS (other than the more hardline aspects of Mormon doctrine that are not stressed more frequently than those aspects of Mormonism that owe itself to the traditional common Judeo-Christian framework). That's the problem I have with your arguments on this point.
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote