View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:31 AM   #11
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi friend Martok!! I feel so deeply for you and your plight. You try so hard to appease everybody, but all it takes is a few uncompassionate people to spoil the broth .

I have not yet read your current chapters on Dark Exodus, but only because it woul drive me CRAZY to read part of your wonderful writing, and then have to agonize over when my eyes will get to see the next chapter! THat's why I don't usually read trilogies and such unless the whole set is out -- waiting a year for this anxious daggit is like waiting for your wedding day!!

Don't let a few thoughtless folks ruin your dreams -- hold onto them like a baby in a storm. It may seem sometimes like even God wants to rip her from you, but more often it is simply a way to increase your fervor and devotion, by realizing how very dear that baby or dream is to you. Truly, we never really realize how much we love something till we lose it, or almost lose it. Remember that dear Martok. Your writing is incredible and in a way, if I might be so bold, you have a kind of obligation to share that talent with the world. Never forget that the most famous artists in history, whether of paint or of pen, died penniless and unknown. If only they could see today how well they are remembered... and treasured...

Taranis/Potemkin, please forgive my belatedness in reading your fanfic. There are several folks who have posted neat works, and sadly I have just been buried in work these last 4 months. But I promise I will both read and reply. Also, be prepared and look forward to some possible big changes at FLeets -- which will increase the exposure of everyone's talent here tenfold! Thomas and I are working on the plan right now, and it could be BIG!!

If any of you ever feel your work or talent goes unnoticed or unappreciated, please remember that this daggit spends each and every day with a family that, although I treasure them, they hate every expression of talent I try to attempt. We can let these words (or lack of words) shatter us, or we can just pretend it is that storm I mentioned, and clutch our infant talents to our breast till someday, somehow, the sun comes out again...

Affectionately,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote