View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:00 AM   #10
137th Gebirg
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Hi Rickyrod and Senmut! I LOVE the Prisoner. Even got to see the very last ep when it originally aired. Someday I wanna buy the DVD set and watch the whole thing thru. Wish I could set aside time to watch Fridays with you all, but can't seem to set aside the time

Thanks though!
Muffit
Big fan of the Prisoner myself. My wife and I just recently had the honor of spending a part of my vacation in Portmeirion in northwestern Wales back in September. A truly beautiful and amazing place. I was impressed that they haven't fallen on the Prisoner as their primary bread & butter. I was halfway expecting a little stick-figure person on the dresser with a little card reading "welcome to your home from home". There was the obvious No. 6 store, but the rest of the place seemed completely untouched by the show. I found myself completely dumbstruck by finally seeing things in real-life that only once existed in my mind as two-dimensional moving images. I was taking pics with my digital camera EVERYWHERE. I think my wife thought I was nuts The amazing thing is, it still looks identical to the way it looked in the show, minus the little signs and red speaker-boxes, of course.

Highly recommended if you can spare the change. It's a bit out-of-the way, too for anything other than by car.